Friday, June 3, 2011

DietBar Makes Your iPhone Navigation Bar Thinner

And here we go, folks. Here comes DietBar, the first tweak by Ryan Petrich’s TweakWeek.
DietBar is a simple tweak that will get your iPhone or iPod Touch navigation bar on a diet by making it look thinner.
Like all tweaks, DietBar will not install any icon, and doesn’t even come with any settings. Just download it from Cydia, launch an app, and look at the navigation bar being shrunk…
I gave it a try and unfortunately, I have to report that I’m not very happy with this tweak. It makes the navigation bar too thin on some apps, making it hard to navigate the way you want. It also takes over the UI on some other apps like SimplyTweet (see image above).
So no, DietBar is not going to stay on my iPhone but I really appreciate the effort put into it. I can’t wait to see what the rest of TweakWeek is going to bring us. If you have ideas, it would be the right time to submit them to the devs that are lined up for the challenge.
Anyways, have you tried DietBar? What’s your take on it?

No comments :

Post a Comment